If you’re starting a small food-related business or developing an existing one, you’ll already know about the importance of having a website that works.
We work will many start-up firms to help make sure that websites for food businesses do something. We often find websites that look nice but don’t perform, or there might be a reasonable amount of traffic to the site, but there are no sales.
Getting a small business off the ground is an exciting time – an endless list of things to be sorted, and a website often ends up on this list of to-dos – it shouldn’t. To work as it should, a website has a whole list or extra ‘to-dos’ other than designing and building it. We’re a website agency that does it differently.
Why we’d like you to consider Toast for your food-related website.
We have a proven approach to planning, designing, building and marketing websites; we don’t simply design and build something, we create a site that will help your business grow.
Our approach includes:
- Initial planning and structure (what, why, where, when)
- Content planning (ask us about our content workshops)
- Initial SEO checks and focus-keyword planning
- Initial design concepts, development and prep for site build can also include Branding assistance
- Fully bespoke site build with optimised HTML and CSS
- Plugging the site into everything from Facebook and Twitter to Google and beyond
- Site review and growth plan
- Online marketing
- Site monitoring and back-ups
- Stats and reports
- Fully customisable support
The above list covers just a few of the things we do to get your website out there but also to get you visitors, enquiries and customers.
Return on investment
A website isn’t a ‘project’, it’s an on-going process that should always be at the forefront of any marketing planning. We advise our clients to allow budget (or time) to update websites every month (at the very least).
WordPress allows you to administer pretty much every aspect of your site, so you can add news and keyword-targetted posts, update content, add products and manage sales; it’s incredibly easy to use.
When it’s done properly, the site (and reporting tools) can also show you how well your site is working, how much money it’s making you and how to get it to make more. 1,000s of companies spend £1,000s a month online with no idea what the return is on this investment – we help our clients to identify these returns and to do more things that increase the returns. It’s not rocket science and especially important for websites for food companies.
Unlike many web agencies that look to build a site and then leave you wondering what to do with it, we actively work to develop and improve your online marketing. This might include:
- The development of an online marketing strategy that manage yourself (if you have time)
- The planning of a content and blogging strategy to get you found and converting customers
- Focus keyword investigation search-string planning
- Calls to action and email marketing
- And lots more!
Dave is Toast’s Managing Director and also heads up the digital team. He’s been a designer, illustrator and web designer for over 25 years and has worked on a diverse range of projects across many industry sectors.