Brand naming workshops will help you to choose the perfect name for your company, product or service.Need help with naming your product or service?
Naming workshops? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, someone once wrote! But would it? Names are not arbitrary; they are an integral part of any successful brand. If you were challenged to come up with a list of the most successful brands today it is their names that you would list not their logos.
Plan for success.
When undertaking a brand naming exercise for a company or organisation, a product or a service a whole range of factors needs to be considered; therefore we always start any naming project with our own set of questions or challenges.
Challenge what you believe.
We confront creative naming conventions that challenge what the name should represent, these include questions about who the competitors are and what are they called, what are the core values you want to reflect and what market are you operating in and who are you trying to engage.
Face to face workshops.
Unless otherwise agreed, workshops for up to 8 people at a time are carried out at Toast HQ, although they have been delivered on-site with clients by agreement. Workshops consist of 4 stages:
- Research – Reviewing initial brief/ brand naming worksheet/ brand naming questionnaire/desk research into sector and competitors.
- Investigation – Telephone interviews, <4hr brand naming workshop exercises including naming exploration, naming exercises and brand naming strategies.
- Development – Analysis of research and branding workshop investigation, draft and 2 rounds of amends to working document.
- Delivery – Creation of a working document that outlines the challenge, the development and the proposed solution or plan.
The process of how to run a naming workshop may appear a little daunting. Still, once these questions have been answered we can then start applying our name brainstorming techniques and creative naming exercises to shortlist the best possible solutions.
Toast’s Top 10 questions for a brand name brainstorming session
The top 10 key questions in our Brand naming worksheet are:
- Briefly, describe your business concept to someone who does not know your company.
- Describe the need being addressed by your business.
- Describe your target market — gender, age, geography, and other demographic characteristics.
- Identify 10 or more words that you would like to communicate to your consumer about your company.
- If your company was a person, how would you describe its personality?
- In 10 to 20 words describe the features and attributes of your products or services?
- Provide the names of your primary competitors.
- How is your business different from your competitors? (Feel free to provide addresses to their websites.)
- Are there business name ideas that you’ve already considered and dismissed? If so, why?
- What names have you seen that you like or catch your eye?
These are just a few of the questions we ask as part of our brainstorming activities for naming products, services or companies.
If you’d like to know more about our workshops, call us on 01295 266644 or complete the form below.