- Overcrowd information – Too much information in one hit can be confusing, boring and dilutes the key message. Keep it short and in manageable chunks, making it easier for the viewer to consume.
- Underestimate the power of design – So much can be done to help create a report you can be proud of. Good design will create an annual report that is engaging, informative and is on brand, bringing life to an otherwise mundane document.
- Be generic – Don’t produce the same thing year on year. Show progression by updating the design, this demonstrates an ever evolving document and company.
- Use jargon and buzzwords – Keep it plain and easy to understand. No need to complicate things.
- Forget to include calls to actions – Your annual report is another marketing opportunity so use it to promote your company. Include links in your report to your website and any other supporting social media links and articles.
If you’re planning your next annual report and would like to discuss how you could do it differently, get in touch below – we’ve two decades experience in brochure design and have produced a wide range of materials using different formats, materials and bindings.