We currently have two roles that are open for application.
In-house, although remote working/WFH is a possibility for the right person, full-time, permanent.
We are seeking a WordPress Developer responsible for both back-end and front-end development.
You should have a strong understanding of the WordPress Codex, Themes and Plugins, in terms of installing, setting up and customising.
Experience with responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred.
Also, a broad understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment would be handy.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Providing daily support to our existing WordPress customers on support contracts
- Building out 100% bespoke sites on our custom WordPress theme
- Plugin development
- Other tasks related to website design, development, deployment and support
- Working as part of the agency as a whole to develop new ideas, service offerings and growth
- Dealing with clients, managing your own projects/time
Skills and Qualifications
- Good understanding of PHP, knowledge of using the WordPress functions.php file for functions and hooks etc
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites (design experience would be a bonus, but is not a deal-breaker)
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) – again, a bonus, not a must-have
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development, specifically relating to WordPress
- Your skills are more important than your education or industry experience
- A strong desire to learn and develop new skills is a must, time will be allowed on a weekly basis to learn and develop (self-directed)
What you can expect from Toast
- A relaxed and informal working environment with a friendly and passionate team of creatives & developers
- Usual holiday entitlements
- Potential working from home/remote working
- Annual bonus (subject to performance)
- Secure job – Toast has been trading since 1997 with above average year-on-year growth. We are a large and established design agency with 15 staff
- Flexible hours (subject to completion of a 3-month probationary period)
- Your own desk, Mac and all that jazz
As this role is open to candidates of varying experience and skillsets, the salary would range from £22,000 PA to £35,000 PA depending on experience.
How to apply
Strictly no agencies please, we are good at finding the right people ourselves.
Please note that we often get a lot of interest in new positions, so we may only be able to respond to candidates selected for interview.
Digital Content Assistant.
In-house, part-time, permanent.
We are looking for someone to help the digital team on website projects.
This role includes helping our clients to get the content ready for their new websites, updating content on existing websites and helping out across a range of tasks with the digital team.
The role is part-time, with flexible hours to suit the right candidate.
Initially, this is a 12 hours per week role.