We have an opening for a digital apprentice.
The digital team at Toast are on the hunt for our newest recruit.
This role is ideal for someone who is interested in working on websites (and everything that involves; from building them to SEO, social media and more).
This role includes training – no previous experience is required, but the right attitude and a desire to learn (fast) is essential.
What we do (and what you’ll be involved in):
- Design and build of websites on the WordPress platform (this is bespoke build work, we don’t use off-the-shelf themes and colour them in)
- Coding (including HTML, CSS, PHP and jQuery)
- Website optimisation – in all its forms from on-page to technical SEO
- Website editing – helping our clients load new content on to their sites
- Website updates – keeping our client’s sites up-to-date and secure
- Support – responding to client support requests as part of our team
- Lots more other cool stuff
This is a unique role as full, on-the-job training will be given.
We are looking for someone who wants to learn everything there is to know about WordPress, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media Management and all things digital.
Initially, the role is 30 hours per week, Mon-Thursday, 9 am – 5:30 pm.
What you get.
- Full training in how to become a website and digital marketing superstar
- A relaxed work environment with a happy and friendly team of creatives and developers
- Your own workspace with a top-end iMac and other funky Apple stuff
- The other usual job-related stuff
- And pay – yes, you get paid! Salary is up for discussion for the right applicant
Is this right for you?
Our last two apprentices joined Toast with very little website experience. One used to work in Boots, the other in Sainsbury’s. This role is about the right person for the job, not about previous experience or qualifications. They are both now designing and building websites, working directly with our clients and are absolute stars!
If you have a genuine interest in building websites, SEO, digital marketing and beyond, then this role could be for you.
What do you need to do?
In the first instance, just send an email to [email protected] telling us about yourself and why you’d like the job. Include your CV if you have one.